*There is music on this blog, so please make sure you have your speakers turned down *

Friday, June 12, 2009

2 Challenges ~ 1 Card

I am not that great at combining more than one challenge into a card ~ I don't know why that is, but it just is! :-P
So I am feeling mighty proud of myself that I was able to squeeze two challenges onto one card :o)
The challenges are paper-pieceing from Three Clovers Thursday Challenge and the Bella Twisted Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, which was to use a specific sketch and the colors red, white and blue (in honor of Flag Day).
Here is what I came up with ~


I took a picture with and without flash. The stamp I used is Suzette Ketto from Stamping Bella. She is inked in Memento Tuxedo Black and edged with Colorbox Chalk Prussian Blue. She is colored with Copics (R29, B95, E00) and has some sparkle on her flower petals (in her hair) thanks to a red Spica pen.
The dp is Basic Grey and Autumn Leaves (her dress has been paper pieced with AL and the pinwheel was made using AL dp also) and the red cardstock is Bazzill. The bling at the center of her pinwheel is a Kaiser rhinestone. Oh, and the sentiment is also from Stamping Bella. :o)
Thanks for stopping by and having a peek at my latest creation! :o)

5 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

Thank you for the very nice compliment on my blog. I wanted to stop by your blog to see what you have done. This is an adorable card. I love all the colors you used.

Sue from Oregon said...

Fun card, thanks for joining us this week at 3CTC.

Ida said...

You did a great job. What a fun image and the DP is so pretty that you used.

Elena said...

What a cute card! I love the paper piecing you did!

Kerry D-C said...

Oh my! this is ADORABLE!! Thanks so much for participating in this 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge!